Wednesday, November 7, 2018

An Experiment in Staying Awake




I am struggling to stay awake. Both ACTUALLY awake and spiritually awake. I cannot pinpoint the moment in time when earth's climate trajectory became a personal concern. Many years ago, certainly. But it became a looming peril in my imagination immediately following November 8, 2016.

I am not going to focus on politics, per se, but as someone once quipped: everything is political. I have been a regular voter, who until recently did not feel entirely powerless. Feeling powerless and fearful is a particularly deadly combination for me.

A personal blog will not increase my power. But it will allow my voice to reach the webiverse. I do not plan to count visits, hits, likes, responses, or any other attempt to quantify the reach of my voice, as I am going to ASSume I have been heard!


I write to put my swirling mass of anxiety and dread onto a page that might help me stay awake and more willing to be alive. If someone else benefits from this activity: frosting.