Thursday, April 2, 2020

I decamped mid read

My current Spring screen (sanity) saver
I get a daily email "Letters from an American" written by Heather Richardson Cox. Here is a link to the column I am referring to:
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/

You can read down the stack without subscribing (free and not used for product offers or to sell your email address).

The April 1st letter is the one I bailed on.
I have NO REASON to suspect this is a very bad April Fool's Day post. She is a serious person and these are serious times. You may not know this, but I too am a serious person, dressed up as a verbal spit wad thrower.

2018 Hamster Calendar (self explanatory)
This is specifically what prompted my dash to the kitchen:

"The news broke that the United States has been sending medical supplies to other countries while our own health care workers don’t have masks or PPE (personal protective equipment). Politico revealed that an administration official called counterparts in Thailand to ask for PPE only to be told by a confused official on the other end who said that the U.S. was shipping those very supplies to Thailand. One shipment had already arrived, and another was on its way. Vice President Mike Pence, who is in charge of the administration’s coronavirus task force, immediately halted the shipment. It appears that there has been no coordination between the administration and USAID, the United States Agency for International Development, so we have apparently been exporting the very supplies we need at home."

I am back having finished the letter:there is more. If this event does not prod Republicans in office and Trump voters to sail an altogether different tack NOW, and (please god) at election time, I guess we have a broken political system thanks to the ignorant, vengeful, venal, and cowardly who are in charge and/or delivering 270 Electoral Votes for the Fucking Moron.   Group hug anyone?