Sunday, June 20, 2021

Heat control triumph

Today I tried out my new air flow car seat. My previous experience using car A/C at 65 degrees resulted in a large demerit to my eco score.  I believe I wrote about this in 2017 when I purchased my recent Prius. At the end of each trip (when I turn the car off) I get a combined score which rates:

acceleration, braking, climate and mileage. 

The climate one gets dinged when I use A/C. Although it may not bring my mileage down much, I still don't like the censure. It has suggested I increase my target temperature to lower the impact. Until now, I have been unwilling to do so.

BUT NOW with my powered air flow car seat cover, I can feel air behind my back and under my seat. The air is pulled from between my legs, so I set the car A/C to split between head and feet. When I first got in, I did not know the cover was already on low, and I immediately felt the flow even before A/C! As the ride warmed I was able to increase my A/C to 70 degrees and feel more comfy than with more aggressive A/C alone!

AND my eco score for climate was only a little dinged. As the Brits say, "I am chuffed". A comfortable seat cushion which for a reduced carbon footprint delivers excellent comfort. If only there were a planet wide cooling cushion!