Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Editorial Correction and Glamping Update

This is my first requested (or discovered by me) needed correction and it reveals quite a bit about the editorial staff here at Blogging for Sanity. After over 3 decades with* Boyfriend I still manage to have the loosest possible grasp on details of his intense relationship with all things boat. After numerous (indeed uncountable) disappointing boat related negotiations between us, he has surrendered any dim hope of me becoming a boating partner. My last post was a bitter reminder of the modicum of attention I pay to specific boats, including his (I no longer wish to know the count of) boats. I am a bad bad boat girlfriend. My hold on him is tenuously dependent upon a butt-load of history, a shared grim sense of humor and reverence for pizza, and some other......stuff. So, after the required sharing of my snarky wittiness, I give you the required correction, with a sweetener.
                                                                                          *living separately but sharing "stuff"
Boyfriend's recreational travel trailer is a My Pod, pictured here behind his Prius. Now this set up is as green as it gets regarding car camping and having a place to comfortably lie around and read while it rains. I did not consider this AT ALL as a solution for me, a glamper. Not only is there no toilet, you have to crawl in and out and get dressed either horizontally, or outside. But it's a really cute and green take on RV'ing (in the most generous meaning). If it has a name, I do not recall it (as is usually the case with me) so I will not hazard a guess and risk a second correction.

EDITORIAL CORRECTION

Wrong boat, wrong name: me bad bad boat girlfriend. Here is the real Salish 100 magic carpet. Behind the guy with the camera is the door to the cabin which has a sleeping berth, and allows stooping! She is LAZY JACK and it may be the only non-sailing boat he owns. But it serves as a way to trailer to an event with a boat AND a berth. It takes only a small truck to haul so this too is quite green.

END OF EDITORIAL CORRECTION

This brings me to a confession of how my trailer camping experiment stands. This is MY blog, so I get to report MY reality (just like all of America these days): I suck at trailer parking. Also, while my RAV 4 Adventure is a comfortable and very safe vehicle, I deplore the mileage (approx 27 mpg unless towing when it is 10 !!!!! mpg). Boyfriend is also stunned at that last number. Also, my desired cover solution for Little Guy did not pan out. That may turn out to be the silver lining in this black cloud of an experiment in trailering. I love LG but backing her up is a nightmare for me. I HATE having this tow vehicle which I have named THE BEAST. Unless needed to tow, I see no need for this gas hog. I am teetering on the brink of offering LG for sale in the early Spring and shopping for a mileage champ replacement vehicle. And it is a very skinny brink.