Monday, March 11, 2019

The kindest thing I have to say about Individual 1

In "Lady Windemere’s Fan", Oscar Wilde had the quip that a cynic was ‘a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

So, Individual 1 (i-one) is just a cynic. I too have a lot of cynic in me. But I think I have proven to know the value of quite a few things. So, clearly, there is more (or less) there in his case.

I thought of this quip when I read the article about i-one planning to extort 50% more than the full price of stationing US troops on an ally's territory (you know, that misguided NATO thing that is unfair to US). As touted by an NSA spokesman the Trump administration is "committed to getting the best deal for the American people."

If that is not the definition, embodiment and SOUL of the above quip, I am an optimist.
I  want i-one to immediately resign as America's personal shopper.

By the way, in mathematics "i" is the symbol for an imaginary number which is not part of the set of rational numbers. Thus it signals irrationality. Please use it everywhere it works from now on, as I plan to.


Kitten felled by overwhelming irrationality.
I experience this daily as a result of being politically informed.