Tuesday, March 30, 2021

I guess I have blogged too much about me and my yard

I don't want to lose my few followers, so I am going to change tack (boat term for boyfriend).

Today from yesteryear's "president":

Former president Donald Trump responded to criticism of his coronavirus policies by his health officials with a caustic statement ridiculing them as “self promoters” with “bad instincts and faulty recommendations.”

Well he certainly knows self promotion, bad instincts and faulty recommendations..........when they threaten HIM. And anyway, why didn't he get a personal claim on those qualities via trademark, patent, copyright, deity dibs or calling "shotgun". For such an abundantly (if not capably) lawyer-ed grifter, it is very sad.

I will end this with an example of the absolute inanity of some of the so called targeted ads that pop up when I am on the Washington Post site. I failed to get any screen grabs of things not labeled and about which could not begin to guess who would want them and why. It seems a highly random way to seek customers.

But what do I know? I was the little Camp Fire Girl who was forced to "sell" mints by going door to door. My sales pitch was not a pitch so much as a kick me sign: "You don't want any Camp Fire candy do you?" And they truly did not. My best friend at the time would boldly ask: "How many boxes do you want?" She had her summer camp paid for on the strength of her sales. I (correctly) counted on Mom wanting me gone for two weeks badly enough to the pay full sticker price.