Friday, April 2, 2021

Interjecting some randomness into my post

First of all, Nancy Reagan has always eeked me out a bit. She seems to have a large head on an impossibly tiny body. Also, have you ever noticed how like Margaret Hamilton's chin hers is. Creepy.

Now on to the next random topic. This piece from Alexandra Petri on April 1st caught my attention.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/04/01/are-you-brood-x-cicada-or-just-someone-emerging-pandemic-isolation/ It is not something I had previously wondered about, but since Covid, there are fewer improbable realities I am prepared to rule out (my March 26 post ). So I decided to take this quiz:

Are you a Brood X cicada, or just someone emerging from pandemic isolation? 

                                                                                                         

To keep it simple, I have summarized my responses to the 17 questions:

Yes: 

  • You have lost all sense of how to interact with others, if indeed you ever possessed it.
  • You are no longer a prisoner to conventional beauty standards, if indeed you ever were.
  • You are not wearing pants and resent the implication that you will ever be asked to wear real pants again, unsure how the geometry of that would even work.
  • Your singing has been described as “cacophonous” and “shrill."
  • You have never successfully made sourdough. 
  • You are truly uncertain what year it is.
  •  If you somehow got into an office, you’d be upset and confused and would want to get out immediately

No:  10 no's, so either I am NOT a Brood X cicada, or:

I am lying to myself as usual, 

I did not understand the question, or 

it WAS true of me and I knew it, but cannot let you know it too. I need all the "social" life I have left.