Tuesday, February 18, 2020

John Denver's love song to the Calypso

My heart always lifts when I listen to this song. The variety, beauty, majesty, mystery, etc etc of nature is always a balm to my soul. Needless to say (again, but I am going to anyway) that balm is being tainted and destroyed. BUT! Here are two videos that posted today on the Canadian weather site that worked their magic on me:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/videos/gallery/recovering-koala-getting-a-belly-rub-is-all-you-need-to-see-today/4108330236001/6132718999001/most_popular

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/videos/gallery/ice-dropped-450feet-into-a-hole-makes-the-most-star-warslike-sounds/sharevideo/6132228062001/most_popular

Yesterday I started prepping LG for sale. I am going to start with a Craig's List ad to see if there is any interest out there for a direct sale. Only one other is for sale in the area and it is the sister unit that was on offer in June 2019 at Kiefer RV.

I am sad not to be able to enjoy being immersed in nature (note below) in this sweet little escape pod. But there is no point in having a mirage of escape parked in my driveway that I cannot deploy by myself at a moment's whim. I did have that with the two van RV's I owned.

However, I am becoming concerned that my driving skills are worsening. Just yesterday in my new sweet little Prius, I tried to slip between two parked cars in a crowded parking lot, and managed to lightly scrape the side of my car. There was no apparent damage to the one I grazed. Maybe I should consider securing a "backup emergency boyfriend", who just happens to be an auto body magician. This comes to mind because my primary boyfriend (among many other fine things) is a computer tech magician. Or, I could just use my checkbook, as usual when confronted with a capability gap, of which I have an abundance.

Note: By immersed, of course I mean in a warm, comfy, fully functional tiny home with screened windows. I'm the very the "the very model of a modern Major Glamper"