Saturday, June 15, 2019

Oh dear, I lied to the internet

My snarky post about the "features" of my RAV 4 had some errors.

I say "some", as I am leaving room for additional errors I have not yet discovered.

So, one CAN save a desired radio station by holding down the button on one of the available slots, albeit only for FM stations.  I culled this useful tidbit from my sales guy Chris Vann at Lithia Toyota in Springfield. I mention him specifically as he was patient with and nonjudgmental of this aging Luddite.  I was aware, as he asked to take over pushing the buttons on the system in question that HE was my former self taking the mouse from my Dad when his efforts on the computer became too halting/wrong to abide. I hope I wrested control from Dad as graciously as Chris did from me.

Here is something that made me laugh out loud from a Slate article titled "Salty"https://slate.com/human-interest/2019/06/clif-bars-are-trash.html?via=homepage_taps_top

"Kind bars are ideal for restoring yourself to human being status when you’re in the middle of a meeting-packed day at work, finished with a tough workout class, or on hour seven of a road trip.

Clif bars are perfect for getting as much fuel as possible for fleeing stray animals in a post-apocalyptic scenario, where even a faint reminder of a world that contained things like “carrot cake” would be sort of nice. They will be a disappointment to most other people. If anything, Clif earns points for the sheer bravery of picking a fight with a clearly superior product."

I think I recall that a good friend of my boyfriend, whom I too enjoy, may swear by Clif bars. If true, I will be sure not to rely on any snacks he might bring to an event.