Thursday, May 9, 2019

Headline antics

The Washington Post’s headline:

 “A couple ate raw marmot believed to have health benefits. 
Then, they died of the plague.” 

If this isn't a sober warning to all of us who hold unfounded health beliefs, what would be?

Apparently rodents are the plague's playground. I think they are cute, but I would never choose to eat any portion of raw rodent, even if it reversed aging, or gave me a rich contralto like Karen Carpenter's. And I would really really like those benefits.

How spring should look and feel.

So this is me, being silly the first day of 2019 predicted to climb to the high 80's in May, for fuck's sake. I am cooling my house with fresh air in the morning (beginning at 3am, when I keep waking up FFS), then relying on Spring Season Air Conditioning which should not be a thing in the mid Willamette Valley in May. Just saying..................