Sunday, December 27, 2020

This urgent bulletin just in

I have been reading Dave Barry's review of 2020. By the beginning of May I needed to run to pee and wipe my streaming eyes. As you may not know, I have TWICE received a response from Dave thanking me for my suggestion for an article based on an weird news article: Thank you alert reader. Please seek professional attention immediately. Or words to that effect as I can't locate those postcards. They must be with my other "awards". 

This is by way of confirming that I AM a devoted fan who loved his columns, and laugh uncontrollably when reading his books. I am going to make this a brief post, so you can more profitably spend any time you might have spent reading me, reading a master's take on the year whose passing we collectively, fervently, and impatiently await. Here is the link: 

Dave Barry's Year in Review   (https://preview.tinyurl.com/ybgvxq4x)

If you are unable to get past the paywall you just cough up the current $29 for a year's unlimited access. It is worth it to get access to Alexandra Petri's regular offerings. I also enjoy Dana Milbank and Eugene Robinson enough to get their columns sent to my email.

For visual interest I have enclosed a hand made birthday card I received from one of MY alert readers, who might also benefit from more mental health intervention than I am currently benefiting from (as she recognized a birthday I had previously disparaged in my blog). But the way things are going these days, I just can't hold a grudge: my memory is no longer functioning as intended.