Saturday, May 2, 2020

I dream of virus......

First, note that I was able to revise my last post to add the desired photo. Using a computer these days is higher level irrifusion (newly coined word from irritation and confusion). I did nothing different: apparently the planets (or in this case the electrons) were once again properly aligned. <sigh>

Today I got to wondering about the naming of the current virus and the disease it causes. In the process of poking around I found a very clarifying article, referenced here for the similarly curious:https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

Here my take away impressions (take away because we are not currently allowed to have impressions at a table with service and ambience):

1. ICTV is the organization that names viruses. I had previously been looking for a way to stream this channel using my Roku. I am just not up to these digital times.

2. WHO is a thoughtful, deliberate and strategic organization as evidenced by excluding "SARS" from its public facing communications. As a result all right thinking countries should immediately cut off their allowance and ground them until well into the coming Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) resurgence.