Sunday, December 8, 2019

I may be missing too much by not watching cable news

For the first time since the dawn (nay, night) of TrumpTimes I think there might be a reason to drop in on cable news. Specifically, a regular feature of CNN, namely TheRidiculist by Anderson Cooper. Slate pointed me to it this morning:https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/12/trump-frustrated-toilets-people-flushing-10-15-times.html?via=taps_top

I always skip reading the fucking moron's tweets, so I zipped down to the bottom of this article and watched the video. Very amusing. Actually cheered me up a bit (in spite of the expected uninformed and personal pique nature of the FM's plan to direct the vast machinery of the federal administration toward a non-problem in search of a sweeping anti-environmental step back for mankind).

2019 Chez Moi with 2 penguins
Anyhoo...........................Here is a photo of the full extent of my decorative acknowledgement of the Christmas Season, the .5 of the 5.5 seasons I celebrate in my little niche. Being a minimalist (as a sort of religion) when I moved into my current house (which I love most of every house and apartment I have inhabited) and found a niche in the great room over the gas fireplace, I knew it's purpose: To Celebrate and Contain seasonal decorative flourishes. All of my niche elements fit into one large cupboard and a big box to be found in the garage. Did I mention containment? The Container Store is essentially crack cocaine to me. So, dear reader(s) delight in the contained exuberance that is Xmas chez moi.

PS: one of the first things I did upon moving in was to extinguish the pilot light on the "fireplace". The first time I sat in a chair near by I felt the heat and sensed the BTU's being expended BY THE PILOT LIGHT. A lap robe environmentally excels at warming me. I am both smug and embarrassed by this. I thought I should confess all to my readership (as a sort of spiritual fellowship).